Gallbladder Community
Need help fast! Gallbladder removal tomorrow!

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I'm a 40 yo woman with a 2.1cm gallstone. I'm scheduled for LC surgery in less than 15 hours and am having major second thoughts. I have no upper abdominal pain. (only pain is on top of right shoulder but think that is muscle related... on the computer too much!). Other symptoms are bouts of explosive diarrhea with extreme naseau about 20 minutes to 1 hour after eating. After the "episode" naseau usually disappears. Very gassy and stools normally loose to watery (and green to mustardy color). Utrasound revealed 2.1 cm stone, no sludge and not in duct area. Hida scan was normal (doc actually said inconclusive). I did get extremely naseauted 25 min into it. and felt a fluttering sensation in gall bladder area (spasms). Extensive bloodwork done for celiacs, chrons, food allergies, parasites, and a whole bunch of other blood tests - all normal.  Doc said having the gall bladder removed won't take care of all my symptoms, so I'm wondering why its necessary if no pain? I just want to stop being "sick" all the time and getting naseauted when I eat 75% of the time. Please help if you have any suggestions. Should I go ahead and have the LC done or am I asking for more headaches? Almost everyone I've talked to says digestion issues get worse, not better. I'm hoping this can get answered on such short notice.
Even in the absence of symptoms, gallbladders containing stones greater than 2cm should be removed as the risk of gallbladder cancer rises rapidly in the presence of large gallstones. It is certainly likely that your symptoms relate to the gallbladder but removal would be indicated based on the size of the gallstone alone. Best wishes on your procedure.
Thank you so very much Tummydoc for the quick response! Makes me feel alot better about having it done. :-)
I did fine after my gallbladder surgery.  I hope you do too.  Make sure your driver person gets the postop instructions out for you.  My significant other was never able to find them for me.  The checkout people tend to give them to the patient, and you won't remember where you tucked them away.  
Just wanted you to know that the surgery went well and that the stone was actually wedged in the neck of the gallbladder. Doc came in afterwards and asked me if I was sure I didn't have pain, that i should have been in excrutiating pain. He agreed with what I had originally told him, that my "pain mechanisms were obviously broke" LOL. Anyway, thank you again for the reassurance, it really helped! :-)
Thank you! I made sure my husband got all the paperwork. great tip, thanks! :-)
I'm glad all went well today. It did for my patients too.  All in all a good day!
I need my gallbladdler removed , there is a suspicious mass and I have small stones impacted in the neck of the gallbladdler . I don't have insurance and don't qualify for medical what can I do ? I am running outta options please help :(
No insurance does not equal no access. Virtually every physician and hospital in the US offers discounts and payment plans for uninsured patients.
I too need gallbladder surgery. I went to the hospital via rescue just a couple of months ago thinking I was having a heart attack-it was a 3cm gallstone. I was released after three days with them saying my heart was fine and that I needed my gallbladder removed. I am a 49 year old widow, living with my elderly parents and a full time student on financial aid. I don't have medical insurance and don't qualify for assistance because I'm not disabled. I've been in terrible pain, nausea for 5 days-I don't know what to do!!
                                                              Kpadgett