Gallbladder Community
No gallbladder, but sudden stabbing upper right abd pain and weird red ...
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

No gallbladder, but sudden stabbing upper right abd pain and weird red spots?

I developed a small rash on my side two weeks ago, started out as just some raised bumps, not itching or anything. It very quickly spread across my side, and now itches. I've put hydrocortisone on it which made it start to shrink. My sister (a nurse) thought maybe it was a delayed allergic response to my tattoo, which i got in early August. I also started a new birth control (nongestimate and ethinyl estradiol) a little over a month ago (was taking yaz before).

However, yesterday I started having moderate to severe upper right quadrant pain, stabbing feeling, where my gallbladder used to be (had it removed a year ago, low functioning) and today there is a circular red rash right over the area where the pain is centralized. It's hot, extremely tender to the touch, not itchy at all. In between stabbing pain it almost feels like i have bruised or broken ribs. I've also lost my appetite (maybe just because this is creeping me out/painful).

I can't get in to see my doctor until next Weds, and I really don't want to go sit in the ER for six hours, which is what the appointment girl strongly suggested i do.

is this an allergic reaction? something connected to my lack of a gallbladder? I'd really like some guidance, thank you in advance!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash may not be related to gallbladder removal. The rash could be due to contact dermatitis, that is exposure to an irritant like a chemical or metal or anything you are allergic to, it can cause rash. It could also be due to fungal infections or sometimes due to herpes zoster or chicken pox. But to exactly pin point the pathology you will need to consult your  primary care physician who will examine you and may ask for blood tests. If the need arises he may refer you to a dermatologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Top Digestive Answerers
los angeles, CA
Central Valley, CA