Gallbladder Community
Normal tests but still have gallbladder symptoms

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I have been having mild pain for the last two months. It began with moderate pain in my upper mid abdomen after eating a few bites of meat or chicken. I would eat a few bites, get a horrible taste in my mouth, then pain and nausea would set in. Within a week I stopped tolerating any food high in fat or spices or anything sour. I would experience pain after a few bites and feel full. Along with that I had severe heartburn, nausea, vomiting acid or only air would come up, belching, abdominal pain, and bouts of diarrhea and constipation. My stool has been yellow or pale for two months. Since this all began I have lost 25 pounds.

Blood work came back normal. Lipase levels were normal. Negative for h.pylori. Endoscopy revealed gastritis. Was put on a proton pump inhibitor and have not had any heartburn. However, the pain has moved to my URQ in the back. I then had an ultrasound for the gallbladder. Everything was normal except common hepatic duct measured only 2 mm and retroperitoneum was limited by overlying bowel gas. Hida scan with cck was also normal with 72% ejection fraction. During the cck injection I did feel a lot of cramping and nausea. After the test I was miserable for two days. I have yet to get results for vascular duplex ultrasound.

I have been on a strict diet for 2 months now. I can barely tolerate bland food even with the Pantoprazole that I take every day. The pain is always worse after I eat and while it would come and go, it is now constant. I have a family history of gallbladder disease. I am at my wits end, this has affected every part of my life. I get dizzy spells because it is difficult to eat, I drink tons of water but am still dehydrated. The pain is constant and while it's not severe enough to go the ER it is enough to keep me exhausted to where going to work is difficult. I just want to know where I should go from here. Could all of this be from gastritis? Or is it something else? Any advice would be appreciated.
-23 year old previously healthy female
That's exactly what I experienced two years ago, after a lot of huscles going here and there, I found out it's vitamin d deficiency.

If you leave in the northern areas above south carolina state, the sun is only efficient in converting cholestrol to vitamin d in skin from March to October, in winter months, you need to take vitamin d supplements, right now you have severe deficiency, and you need to take at least 10,000 IU per day with the largest meal of the day, later when your condition settles, you need to take 2000IU/day during winter months,

Remember, the UVB rays those synthesize vitamin d cannot penetrate glass, even in summar, if you don't go outdoors for more than 30mins with sufficient area uncovered of your skin, you also need to use supplements.

Wish you good luck and happy life
Thank you for the advice.  I wish I could blame it on vitamin d deficiency but I was already diagnosed with it last summer. I was put on supplements for four months and take over the counter vitamin d on my own. All of this started after my levels stabilized. My b12 was borderline so I take b complex too.
My vascular duplex showed my celiac artery is compressed. My gastro doc thinks this is the cause along with a gallbladder that spasms due to a small hepatic duct. I've been trying to find information on both issues and can't find anything. I was told the first is a rare genetic condition called Dunbar Syndrome and that both problems require surgery. Has anyone heard of either problems and can recommend what to do? He told me both surgeries are not minor. I'm extremely anxious as you can imagine.