Gallbladder Community
Overactive gall bladder

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Overactive gall bladder

I recently had what was diagnosed as a gall bladder attack.  I had a scan of some sort done to "study" my gall bladder, and the result was that I actually have an "overactive" gall bladder.  The attack lasted a full week although the intense pain lasted two days.  For that week, I was rarely hungry and ate only fat free and cholesterol free foods. Since that week, I have felt totally fine and have been eating whatever I want.  The doctor say to take a "wait and see" approach which I agree with.  However, I tried to reseach overactive gall bladder and can find nothing.  I did have an ultrasound before the scan mentioned earlier and I have no gall stones.  Does anyone have information on what it means to have an overactive gall bladder????
since sept 29, 2008 I have had nausea and slight discomfort in the gall bladder area.  my doctor ordered an MRI of the gall bladder.  My symptoms were that of gall problems and i was dropping 1 1/2 pounds everyday for 12 days straight.  My MRI came back normal (meaning no stones)  A gall bladder normally puts out 25 -35% of its bile when the stomach needs it.  Mind is putting out 95%.  Surgeon gave me medication to help relax the gall so it wouldn't squeeze so hard and keep it from squeezing out 95% of bile instead of the normal 25-35% at a time.If i stick to small meals and eat often it helps the nausea.  Pain pills i won't take.  Why would i want to mass my symptoms.  Any advice.  Is there a possibility I may have to have the gall bladder removed.  
Hi.  I just came across this thread and am hoping one of you can get back to me.  I have been diagnosed with overactive gallbladder.  My hida scan showed an output of 77%.  My nausea and diarrhea is unbearable and I feel like my quality of life is suffering.  I'm only 32 years old and my doctor is trying to see if we can avoid surgery.  He gave me pills to help relax my gallbladder when I have an attck but they dont seem to help.  Ive vut out any think bad from my diet.  The pain on my side is getting worse and I have now developed back pain.  I go back to my gastro doctor in a few weeks.  Did either of you end up having the surgery?
I had a hideascan test done because I have had major chronic diahria for many years and major nausa and just over all ill feeling for more years than not. The results were overactive Gallbladder, I asked to yank it out, they said no that would only cause more problems. I can't imagine it worse. I have been on a powder medication that seemed to help for the first 3 months but know I am back to the major sweats when the bile is emptying and the nausa and finally vomiting. Does anyone have any sugestions.