Gallbladder Expert Forum
Pain at navel post da Vinci cholecystectomy.

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

I am 19 days post op for my da Vinci lap chole. I have been having excruciating pain between my navel incision to the other incision to the right. I have to pant like I am in labor to get through.  Sometimes it is so bad I cannot tolerate anything on my skin despite the fact that that skin is numb. It's an internal searing pain like I am on fire and being stabbed. I cannot sleep on my left side. Only my back or right side. And there is no rhyme or reason to what will set it off.  I can be in the same position and it will flare up. It's getting very depressing.  Oh and I am also 5 months post op of a vertical sleeve gastrectomy (weight loss surgery). I have lost 93 lbs in 5 months. Hence the lap chole due to rapid weight loss killing my gallbladder.

Any help is appreciated!!
This needs to be discussed with your surgeon who can examine your abdomen. Did they give you an idea of the size of the device they would put through your navel? I am curious what the sales pitch was for the robotic single incision technique.