Pain delay after surgery
My husband had his Galbladder removed about 3 months ago. Now he's having severe anal pain. He thinks the bile is staying in his rectum. He doesn't have hemroids, so what could it be, and what can he do to relieve or eliminate the pain. If he lays down for a bit, he feels a little better, but as soon as he does anything, the pain is back. He can't get anything done. Please someone help my husband. Thank you
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The anal pain may not be related to gallbladder removal. The commonest cause for severe pain while passing stools is fissure in ano. This is characterized by a crack in the skin of the anus.  Anal fissures may be noticed by bright red bleeding if acute they may cause pain after or with passing stools. The cause for the tear is usually hard stools. The other causes for the pain can be an abscess, fungal infections or sometimes tumors. He will need to consult his doctor to find out the cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.