Gallbladder Community
Pain with CCK Injection?

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Pain with CCK Injection?

Has anyone experienced A Gallbladder Attack during the CCK injection? If so, what was your ejection percentage? I need to wait until March 1, 2012 for my results. Some tell me it means your Gallbladder isn't functioning at all.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The procedure could cause some pain.  If gallbladder ejection fraction is below 35% is considered to be gallbladder dyskinesia.

If there is gall bladder dyskinesia, you should be having fatty food intolerance and sometimes pain in the right upper quadrant if there is evidence of gall stones or inflammation of the gall bladder. If due to non-functionality of the gall bladder, there is stasis of bile, it could predispose to gall stone formation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.