Gallbladder Expert Forum
Phantom gallbladder pain or serious problem?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Phantom gallbladder pain or serious problem?

2 years ago I had my gallbladder removed because of an excessive number of stones, pain, GERD, and related symptoms.  During the procedure, the surgeon found a large amount of scar tissue covering the liver and gall bladder which had to be removed in order to remove the gallbladder.  Surgery was successful and I have been painfree until about 6 months ago.  The same signs and symptoms have returned.  I have been told that diet can play a part.  I am gluten-free, vegan, and I do not consume oils.  I eat nothing fried, no animal products, no soy, and my diet is 50 percent raw. I am on no medications or Vitamins.

Recently my pain has increased.  On my upper right abdominal quadrant, there is pressure and a burning sensation.  I feel a fullness there and a sensation of hot liquid pouring over my insides.  Pain radiates into the right shoulder, deep under the rib cage, and straight thru into my back.  I have kept a chart of the times in which it happens.  The pain comes suddenly and it is random.  I have found no relation to it occuring during meals only, or after.  Sometimes it happens in the middle of the night.

I am 31, Female, blood pressure 105/60, active, positive family history of diabeties.  I am diagnosed with both dysautonomia (POTS) and Ehlers-Danlse Syndrome type 3.

Currently have no insurance due to recent job loss.  Is this possibly a serious thing? Should I see a doctor?  What could be causing this?
2827584_tn?1340583296
You need to be evaluated. The possibility of a retained stone needs to be investigated. There are several other possibilities but persistent biliary type pain after gallbladder surgery should be explained.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank