Post gallbladder removal issues
I had my gallbladder removed about 4 weeks ago (laparoscopically) and have recovered just fine up until now. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach cramps and heartburn that felt like a heart attack. I'm 26 and very healthy, so it freaked me out!!  I have been avoiding dairy for awhile, and I know it wasn't the best idea to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup (since both trigger heartburn) only two hours prior to going to sleep. However, I'm still feeling terrible today. I realize that my digestive system is still recovering from losing the gallbladder, and it's basically like having a new digestive system. Would breaking my dairy hiatus and indulging in tomato soup really make that much of an impact on my "new digestive system??"  I'm new to aches and pains in my abdomen, so this is causing some serious anxiety.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The abdominal pain could be due to the surgery. Post surgery there could be diarrhea and fatty food intolerance as the bile is secreted directly into the intestines. This could settle with time. To avoid this try to take plenty of high fiber diet and cut down on fatty food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.