Gallbladder Expert Forum
Questionable Abdominal Pain

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Questionable Abdominal Pain

I have been having stabbing pain in the upper-middle region of my abdominal.  It usually only lasts a few minutes and goes away for a few minutes and so on and so forth.  I have GERD so it is a possibility that it is because of that.  I discovered I had GERD and Barrett's Esophagus and a slight Hiatal Hernia at the end of May after several tests including an pelvic ultrasound, abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CT Scan, a HIDA Scan, and an Endoscopy.  I know take the PPI Aciphex daily I am also on Birth Control pills.  My mother who also has GERD in addition to Crohn's disease and has had Gallbladder issues in the past was concerned that I might be having a gallbladder attack or something wrong with my gallbladder...  Basically I just want to know if that is even possible since all of those tests that I took 7 months ago or so showed no signs of that...
It sounds like you had a fairly complete workup. Generally, pain that only lasts a minute or two would be more consistent with spasm such as esophageal or pyloric. Pain of gallbladder origin usually lasts at least 15-30 minutes. Your description would be consistent with the problem that you have been diagnosed with. If the current treatment regimen is not working it would be worth seeing your gastroenterologist.