Gallbladder Community
RUQ pain post Cholecytstectomy

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

RUQ pain post Cholecytstectomy

hello My friends,

I am a 29 y.o. female had cholecystectomy 2/2003 no complications until  June of this year. I started with severe RUQ pain. Area sensitive to touch on palpation sometime. Was in and out of ER... LFT normal. CT scan shows 2.9cm densely calcified lesion in 5th segment of the liver. a 1.2 cm lesion in the dome.. consitant with hemangioma. MRCP without contrast shows above mentioned lesions and slight prominent ampulla. EUS shows slight dilation of CBD.  My Gi specialist states he wants to treat with tylenol. haha. Thus far oxycodone has worked, levsin worked for about an hour but i got a real bad headache, ultram, motrin, tylenol all ineffective. the Pain is intense and shoots through to my lower right shoulder blade. The pain starts about 30 mins after I eat (minutes after i eat i have forceful belching as well) and lasts until I go to sleep. I have a new onset of itching all over no rash noted and yellow stool. I don't know if my doc is a quack or what, no diagnosis, all these test and I still have to take these pain meds to eat.  before the pain med the only thing I could eat/drink was water without pain. i lost 20 lbs in the 2.5 weeks i stopped eating.  Help, what doctor should I go to!!    

P.S. I have been taking the oxycodone since June and the itching is new in the last few days. I dont believe it is reaction to the med however I would like to get off of this med.

JJCCCC6 in Massachusetts
Tags: RUQ Pain
I know I am late on posting to this, but wanted to check in with you to see how everything was going for you?  Did you find out anything more with your condition?