Gallbladder Expert Forum
Response to Dr. Walters - Gall Bladder
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Response to Dr. Walters - Gall Bladder

I appreciate your response.  The polyps were first identified through an ultrasound. When the polyps were identified the doctor sent me for the HIDA scan.  When i had the HIDA scan it simulated how I feel almost overtime that I eat.  I appreciated it as then I knew the feeling was not GERD related and related to the gall bladder.

The surgeon was very professional although it was clear to me that he did not disagree with my GI doctor.  He told me that he has seen normal HIDA scans where the symptoms disappeared after the GB was removed.

It is gotten to the point that almost everything that I eat upsets my stomach, resulting in cramping, burning, belching, etc.  Last night (early) I ate a piece of chocolate cake, which kept me up all night.

Thanks for your advise.
2827584_tn?1340583296
I would not have gotten the HIDA. In a patient with typical biliary symptoms all you need is confirmation that the gallbladder is abnormal. Your ultrasound demonstrated that. You should do well with a cholecystectomy.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity