Gallbladder Expert Forum
Response to Dr. Walters - Gall Bladder

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Response to Dr. Walters - Gall Bladder

I appreciate your response.  The polyps were first identified through an ultrasound. When the polyps were identified the doctor sent me for the HIDA scan.  When i had the HIDA scan it simulated how I feel almost overtime that I eat.  I appreciated it as then I knew the feeling was not GERD related and related to the gall bladder.

The surgeon was very professional although it was clear to me that he did not disagree with my GI doctor.  He told me that he has seen normal HIDA scans where the symptoms disappeared after the GB was removed.

It is gotten to the point that almost everything that I eat upsets my stomach, resulting in cramping, burning, belching, etc.  Last night (early) I ate a piece of chocolate cake, which kept me up all night.

Thanks for your advise.
I would not have gotten the HIDA. In a patient with typical biliary symptoms all you need is confirmation that the gallbladder is abnormal. Your ultrasound demonstrated that. You should do well with a cholecystectomy.