Gallbladder Community
Risks of sleeping!

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Risks of sleeping!

I just had an echographie to "prove" to my Doctor that I did have gallstones!
I did indeed, and that is a problem, because as a cardiac patient (by pass and stents in place and functioning - defibrillator inserted in the chest and after intial problems now seems to be functioning) .
The problem is now that the doctors refuse to operate because of the high risk of the narcosis (full anesthetic) in relation to he heart weakness.
A full life can only be done really AFTER the removal of either the stones or the entire gall bladder. We know the cause of my suffering, we know what should be done, but how to do it with any kind of safety? Does anyone have any idea instead of limiting living to one big diet plan?
Some timme or other I expect the stones to start giving real problems, and I'd like to have some idea of the level of risk involved when they HAVE to operate.
Tags: anesthesia, heart weakness, cardiac, Diet
So sorry to hear of your condition :(  I've had problems off and on for 11 yrs with my gall bladder (or something in that general area), since I was around 23 I guess.. and good for you that you showed your own doc what was going on.. I love it!

In France, how do they do the gall bladder surgery? Here in the US, they take it out and send ya home.. same day surgery... so not sure about what type of anesthesia they use.. apparently it's not major..

From what I hear, back in the old days, it was a pretty major surgery here in the US.. they'd cut ya wide open. Curious to what procedure they do in your neck of the woods.

I hope you get the help you need and recover well!
also, in 2006, I had back surgery.. I was in the hospital for one night and they sent me home the next day.. crazy!! but I'm well though.. thank heavens! Just really curious about the procedures the docs take in your side of the world..
Seems the Docs don't wanna know if the risk is there!
I'm still waiting for some kind of answer, but all Google tells me is that ALL gallbladder/stones treatment relies on some kind of anesthesia and - if so, then I think the Docs will only perform in an urgency situation. Seems crazy, but there we are. I'll let ya know if and when I get a reply from the Docs.
This might be a doctor type of question.....

But I know that there are several types of anaesthesia.....the general anaesthetic which is used for surgery (day surgeries included often), twilight sedation, and it is also possible to have surgery while conscious and with an epidural (don't think I'd like that one.....)

I'd be asking your doctors about these options and what they'd recommend.....as there are higher complications with heart conditions......