Gallbladder Community
SCARRING
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SCARRING

HI, early last year I had my gallbladder/stones removed, I was left with 4 scars, all but one has faded the main big one just under my rib cage has not its still very red and itches. The doctor has never checked them not even after straight after my op.Is there anything I could use to help it heal and fade away??,  I'd be grateful for any help.
Blank
Hi There,

Like you, I had my gallbladder removed....nearly 2 years ago now....and the top incision just under my sternum is very red and raised - what I'd call a keloid scar (also the largest one on my bellybutton is too)

I would try not to panic as it might just be the way you heal, it's very common. If in doubt keep it moisturised with some good vitamin cream.

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi There,

Like you, I had my gallbladder removed....nearly 2 years ago now....and the top incision just under my sternum is very red and raised - what I'd call a keloid scar (also the largest one on my bellybutton is too)

I would try not to panic as it might just be the way you heal, it's very common. If in doubt keep it moisturised with some good vitamin cream.

Blank
Thank you I shall try that. Does  your scars ever itch? Mine does the main one thats red. But as the old saying goes if its itching its a sign of getting better.
Blank
Yes, sometimes as it healed it was itchy.....a good sign of healing :)
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a Keloid, but this is diagnosed by your doctor.

Keloid is a scar in which there is extreme overgrowth of scar tissue that grows beyond the limits of original wound and shows no tendency to resolve. They are usually found to be familial (running in families).

Surgical treatment is only met with recurrence. Some keloid scars will improve with pressure or intralesional injections of steroids such as triamcinolone. The best cure rates are achieved with a combination of surgery and post-operative interstitial radiotherapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank