Sphincter of Oddi
I had my gallbladder removed when I was 24.  Since then, some 43 years later, I have suffered with sphincter spasms.  They ran 7 or 8 long flat needles through my side, into my organs with a drip ensuing.  They found the spasms then.  I have suffered all these years with "mild attacks" and "extremely BIG attacks", as I call them.  The big attacks I have to go to the doctor, or the ER if the doctor's office is closed.  I cannot take pain meds by mouth, and am allergic to a lot of pain meds as well, as these trigger attacks.  Bad ones.  I can only take 75 Demerol and 50 phenegren, by injection.  There is a new doctor now in the ER where I live, and unless I have a note from my doctor that I have these spams, he is refusing to treat me.  My doctor tells me not to worry about it, he will take care of me...but when he's closed, he's not.  I had an appointment today at the University of Arkansas Medical Center only to find out, no one in the whole state of Arkansas deals with oddi of sphincter.  They did refer me to a doctor in Dallas today.  So, now I'll have to make an appointment and see him.  

I vomit, swell so badly, bp has been 196/156 and that was 30 minutes after the attack had started.  What are we to do that have this condition without proper medical treatment to curfew these attacks and for an ER doctor to believe we really have this pain.  I was told that 98% of the doctors have no clue as to what sphincter of oddi is, and for me to just tell them I'm having gallbladder like attacks and let them figure it out.  This is NOT helping me because a doctor has no clue what he's doing or what should be done for them.  I'm so frustrated, hurt, and in so much pain.  
What do I do until my Dallas appointment?  I am taking meds now but they are doing no good whatsoever.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Is it sphincter of oddi dysfunction? Sphincter of Oddi Disease or Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction is a rare condition. It can cause an obstruction in the common bile duct and consequent symptoms of abdominal pain and jaundice. Abdominal pain is the most common symptom; less common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, and diarrhea. These symptoms can come and go, and can be mild one time and severe the next.

To tide over the problem of communication with ER doctor, you can keep a written statement signed by your consulting doctor, so that when the attacks occur, you will be given the relevant medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.