Gallbladder Expert Forum
Surgical staples

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Surgical staples

Hi there! I had my gallbladder removed in '93 @ 25 yrs.of age. I was told at the time that I had a "very sick gallbladder."  Over the last several years most mornings I wake w/an upset stomach. I also am constantly constipated. About a year ago I had an x-ray done checking for kidney stones & my Dr. had noticed that one of the surgical staples had come loose & was on the mid-left side of my body. I asked if there was a problem with it & he just kind of shrugged his shoulders.  What is your take on it? I have a new Dr. & will be going in for a complete physical the end of June. Is this even worth mentioning to my new Dr.?         Thanks for your time in this matter.
It would be very unlikely that the clip would cause any symptoms. These have been used for decades not just for gallbladder surgery but all over the abdomen for numerous other procedures. I have never seen or heard of a case where these have caused a problem.