Gallbladder Community
Symptoms of a gallbladder problem

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Symptoms of a gallbladder problem

I'm only 19 years old however I was diagnosed with acid reflux/GERD when I was 9 years old. It was really bad when I was younger but has I got older and more active it stop bothering me as much as I did. I still had painful outbreaks after certain things I ate but it wasn't continuous. Recently, I began feeling sick like my acid reflux/GERD was acting up so I started to take my medicine and really didn't get any relief. I soon lost an appetite for food and after the pain become consistant and I didn't have an appetite for a few days I went to the doctor. The blood test came back normal and the put me on three different types of medications. Sadly, none of them gave me any relief and I found myself at the hospital the next day. The physican I saw was new, they didn't try to do any test at all. They just gave me another prescription and sent me home. I was referred to a GI specialist and I went to see them as well. After I told them all of my symptoms they scheduled me to have a EKG (tiny scope being put down your throat to take pictures). After those results came back they said I had a polyp in my stomach and it had been removed. I felt better for a day or two but as soon as I thought I made a turn for the best it went downhill. My appetite still hadn't come back and the pains began to get worst. Over the 2-3 week period that I have been sick I've last 10-20lbs. I wake up every morning (anywhere from 4:30-6am) with abdominal pains. I've been constipated and barely able to go to the restroom. I find myself throwing up yellowish/green bile every morning and after I throw up it gets a little better. The thing is I only find myself being terribly sick in the mornings (not pregnant) and can't get comfortable sleepy at night time. I have been having serve abdominal pains in the upper right portion of my body (almost right under my ribs) and in the same exact spot in my back. I've did some research and I found it could be my gallbladder that's giving me trouble or other things. However, both of my grandmothers and aunt went through the same exact symptoms and had their gallbladder removed and the got better. Gallbladder disease is a gentic factor so could this be the cause of my pain? I have been trying to avoid going to the doctor because I don't want to miss too many days of school and have to withdraw with the semester almost over. I have a doctors appointment Monday but the pain and symptoms have been consistant EVERYDAY for the last week or two. Should I go to the hospital now or just wait it out until Monday?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the pain is due to a problem from the liver like hepatitis, you should have associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Are you an alcoholic?
The pain could be from the gall bladder too. It could be if there is a stone in the gall bladder or if its wall is inflamed.

For ruling out the possible cause of your pain, you will have to consult a General Physician, who would examine you and advise blood tests for liver function tests and maybe to do an abdominal ultrasonography to rule out hepatic enlargement or any stones in the gall bladder.

But if the pain is severe, you could visit the ER.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.