Gallbladder Expert Forum
Tests???

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Tests???

Been having stomach problems for the last 3-4 months. My doctor wants me to  have a ultrasound and a dsida scan. My question is that usually for upper pain caused by the gallbladder?I have been having fullness and a upset stomach feeling but no upper pain. Should I go ahead and have these tests anyway?
Although bloating is a common symptom of gallbladder disease I would not consider removing a gallbladder if it were the only symptom. There are too many other causes of this vague symptom and the yield on resolving it with cholecystectomy is poor if there is not pain also present. An upper endoscopy would likely have a higher yield. Even if you had gallstones, it would be more likely that your symptoms were due to something else without typical pain.
Going to have Dsida scan next week. Still have bloated feeling, lower back pain off and on, weak and fullness in head. Went to my family doctor and he gave me Omeprazole 40 MG for my stomach. They do not help, seems like I have a burnt taste in my mouth since taking them. This is starting to worry me very much. It is a everyday thing. Is there some other tests that my doctor should be running? Would like to make sure there is nothing major going on.

Thank you!!!