Gallbladder Community
The body's reaction to gall bladder removal

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I am a 57 year old female that has type 2 diabetic whom uses insulin and metformin tablets, had heart failure 3 years ago, and had a quadrupial coranary heart surgury 2 years ago  and had my gallbladder removed about 24 years ago.  My queston is about what the effect that the removal of the gall bladder would have caused on the body's functions?  Is the a place onthe internet that I may go onto to learn more to work towards helping my body function without the gallbladder?  Thank you for your time and knowledge.  
Hi - hoping others may be able to stop by with some more info.  Am thinking removal of GB doesn't stress the body too terribly, but not 100 % sure.  I have a friend who may be able to stop by.

c~
Now I haven't have had either of the issue u have had but I will tell you that I have had some major problems they started 6 months after mine was removed .I had zero problems up to that point .I think the thing we have to remember the one of the jobs of the GB was to store the bile that then helped brake down the food you eat. It also is concentrated in the digestive system so it can cause major problems in your digestive system when removed .
  For me about 6 months I had my first "attach" it felt like a gallbladder attack so off to the er we went to see if maybe there was a left over stone that got stuck in the bile dutch system.Also i could not walk more then 30 feet without throwing up .So we went home without a real answer this continued for over two weeks. Then it stopped and things seem for
a while.

Then it happened again so I went to see a new gastro he could not figure it out either.Then the attacks turned into one great big attack of pain and nausea.so I started reading until I found other people that had the same things happen.I found a thrid gastro who checked my liver count which was off . He new of SOD he also new the doctor that treated it was two hours away and that they only took certain people  .I had to go threw several tests it took several months but i got into the program .It turn out i had two have two surgeries both the the duct to my pancreas. I still have some nausea daily BUT nothing like I did .Every once and a while i have some pain but its workable I have learned what to eat and what not to .Exercise even small amounts help.
So I know there can be some problems and the GB for a reasons and it can cause problems .