Tummy & Digestive trouble since gallbladder removed
I have always had what my family jokingly calls a "delicate constitution", but ever since my gallbladder removal 2 yrs ago, I have had some big digestive problems.  It all started almost exactly one month after my surgery, I became violently ill, vomiting and diahrrea that was mostly bright yellow bile that lasted about 24 hours. For months after my stomach was so sensitive I lost 40 pounds because I would get nauseous after eating anything, whether it was a big mac or an apple.  I would also have diarrhea within 20 - 60 minutes after eating, again no matter if it's a big mac or an apple.  i went back to my doctor and had different tests done with no conclusions, I am supposed to get a colonoscopy but due to my company switching me to a crappy insurance plan, I'll have to pay a portion out of pocket that I can't afford so that's on the back burner for now. About 10 mos after my surgery, i had an appendicitis and had to have another surgery. Anyway, the bright yellow diarrhea has been pretty much a daily occurrance, 3 or 4 times a day that affects me most after breakfast and lunch, usually within 20 - 60 min of eating. Sometimes I have what I refer to as flare ups where it will be all day long diarrhea and nausea as if I have the stomach flu.  i also become nauseous pretty frequently and it doesn't seem to matter what the food is I eat.  Of course fattier foods and foods high in sugar are going to cause problems, but if I eat a cup of yogurt and a banana, i have the same problem.  Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar issues after their gallbladder removal, if they know what causes it & if there is anything that works to alleviate the symptoms.
Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to have the same experience following GB surgery. Ask your doc if you can try a bile-binding resin such as questran to see if it will help. You'll have to experiment with the amount of the resin to find out what your system can handle. Couple that with a low-fat diet and see if it gives some relief.