Gallbladder Expert Forum
Unsure my Dr. is right

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Unsure my Dr. is right

I had a Gastric empty scan and a HIDA scan. My went to get my results today and I am having some trouble beliveing my Dr. on some stuff. Here are my results on the Gastric empty I was giving instant grits to eat with sulfur colloid The time of activity curve demonstrates time taken to empty half the contect of the stomach equal to 273 minutes. The normal values are between 30 and 90 minutes. Impression : Sluggish gallbladder contractility consistent with Gastroparesis. Here is where I am having some trouble the Dr. crossed out the word Gallbladder and hand wrote Gastric. She said she thinks the Dr. at the hospital that done the reading made a Type O. I dont think it was a Type O. Could this have been ?
The HIDA scan results are Findings there is prompt activity in the liver,biliary tree,gallbladder,GI tract.The ejection fraction is 29%. This is just below normal.The patient's nausea was 0 both prior and following CCK. The patient's pain was a 1 both prior and following CCK. The ejection fraction is 29%. This is just below the normal range. My concern here is she had given me a med. 1 week before my test that had started clearing up most of my pain. So the days of both my test I was feeling ok and plus the test was first thing in the morning. Most of my problems happen at night..
Upper GI Endo. showed my stomach was very red and inflamed.
Also the prescription for nausea is not helping
Please help
Tags: HIDA, gastric
Your doctor is correct. The test that reports a half emptying time would be referring to the stomach. The numbers mentioned would be consistent with gastroparesis. I would consider the HIDA scan normal even though the ejection fraction is slightly low. By the way, I really like the way they reported both nausea and pain on a scale. This is usually very inconsistent on the way thr tadiologist reports these and they are probably more important than the ejection fraction. With this said, it is great that you are feeling better as the treatment for gastroparesis is largely based on symptoms.
So is she right about that being a type o on the report this was my concern. And thank you for your reply
That is the point. The emptying half time would only make since if the study was a gastric emptying study.
thanks