Gallbladder Community
Weirdest pain i ever had

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Weirdest pain i ever had

yesterday i woke up and my cycle had started and i was having really bad stomach pains so i chucked it up to that, well i started to think different when the cramps went away at the bottom os my stomach but i still had this horrible pain in my upper. they only way to describe it is a hungry, ripping, stuck feeling dead cinter of my uppen stomach. everyone is telling its my gallbladder. im scared i have never had surgey in my life and i also cant take any opiates for any pain. if it is my gall bladder could this flare up go away without surgey if i change something or is it too late.
Hi , i suffered for 10 years from gallstones. Sorry to say that it only gets worse if it is gallstones or your gallbladder. in the end when i had an attack i couldnt speak and was sweating i was in that much pain. I had my gallbladder out on june 15th and havent had an attack since the only problem is diarrhea. I was so scared of having the op i went in at 12.15 the nurses was great i was scared of being out to sleep but i went into the op room at 2.30 and was awake by 4.30 and ate some toast and drank tea, i was allowed home at 7.30 i cant believe how easy and quick it was. My advice is if it is gallstones or your gallbladder dont leave it like i did, ive done my research on having gallstones and from experience the best thing ive done is have my gallbladder out :) hope your ok x
Did you end up having the surgery?  Follow up when you get time.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Right upper quadrant pain and white stool could indicate disorders in the liver or gall bladder. If the pain is due to a problem from the liver like hepatitis, you should have associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Are you an alcoholic? The pain could be from the gall bladder too. It could be if there is a stone in the gall bladder or if its wall is inflamed. The other causes for pain could be GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach came up into the esophagus and peptic ulcer disease. Please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment and therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.