Gallbladder Community
What can I eat and not eat? Gallstones 22wks pregnant and in PAIN

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Hello, I know some of you read my previous post abt having an appendicitis, well thank god it wasn't. However, they said it's my gallbladder an gallstones that's causing my horrible pain on my right side... The words I'm in  the worst pain of my life doesn't come close to how I feel... I was told to stay away from fatty oily foods... I googled it and after reading I can't anything. No milk no cheese no juice etc. All the stuff I eat and drink to keep a healthy pregnancy.. I'm already high risk and my ob is acting like nothings wrong since I didn't show infection or an inflamed gallbladder... Someone please help me!!!!
I have had gall stones for over a year now (at first I was told I didn't need it out until I had a few more attacks). Anyway right after a horrible attack I found it difficult to eat anything. So if you only recently had an attack stick to bland foods. I made myself vegetable soup.

Now as far as milk and dairy goes you don't HAVE to have it to have a healthy pregnancy. There are a lot of calcium in veggies and they add a lot to milk substitutes. Also if you're concerned maybe you should ask your doctor if you can take additional calcium supplements.

Now personally my dietary meat is mainly fish, chicken breast and kangaroo. Beef, pork, egg yolks and most chicken make me very ill. So I suggest avoid them all! Chicken breast can be too fatty so I NEVER have more than 2 oz and stick to only having it once maybe twice a week. And I only have it baked. I find that tuna, salmon and some of the other "oily" fish can really hurt me, so I suggest avoid them. Obviously you have to limit your fish intake but prawns in small amounts and white fish are a good way to go. Now I know it's tempting to cheat, but if I don't know how much harm gallbladder attacks and the stress from them can put on a baby- so don't do it. I find egg whites are ok as long as I don't have more than 1/4 of a cup. I know you can't get kangaroo in the states but other sources of very good lean meats are venison, buffalo, and rabbit. Alternatively you can look at tofu options for protein. Besides the meats I eat plain oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast (once a week I make vegan pancakes or an egg white no cheese omelet), left overs for lunch, and usually 1-2 oz of meat, 1/2 cup of a "startchy" vegetable, and TONS of fresh or steamed veggies that are leafy. I bake, broil, or steam everything.

Also you need to make sure you eat every couple of hours because if you only eat all of your fats and cholesterols at once your gallbladder can get very tired and make you ill.

Beware of dark chocolate and dairy free chocolates as they tend to have freakish amount of fats. Also avocado, nuts, and coconut milk/meat may be too fatty for you right now. Also watch out for mayo as it has both eggs and dairy in it so it can have a LOT of cholesterol. It *****, but try to stick to nondairy, no egg sauces. -Grab for a vinegar dressing instead of a creamy ranch. Some breads can also have milk and eggs in them. When in doubt opt for something vegan and steamed.

If you are very concerned you're not eating right, try to get a referral for a dietitian. It's very important that you do your best to follow a strict diet so not to put stress on your baby. You can worry about getting it out after he's born.

Good luck and don't be afraid to message me if you would like any recipes for sauces, breads, desserts or meat ideas.
Oh also look at ginger cookies, dried fruits or tablets. I find they help me with any nausea and they should be ok for you.
I'd go check out the site gallbladderattack.com as that has been really helpful. They also send very informative emails.  I had my GB removed this past July, have lost weight, changed my diet and am now finally pregnant after a year of trying. Apparently my GB was very enlarged and engorged with stones. I was in hospital for 5 days.