Gallbladder Community
Why do I have itching in throat and rash since gallbladder pain ac cure...

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Why do I have itching in throat and rash since gallbladder pain ac cured?

my 17 yr old daughter is 5'7" and 118lbs. She has never had problems or symptoms of any allergy after eating. Friday night though after she ate, her throat and ears were itchy. Then at 4;30 am she was rolled up in fetal position with immense pain. gallbladder sludge was found in her gallbladder with sonogram. Now when she eats something her throat and ears feel itchy and she also woke up with a rash on her face and chest Tues. morning. The Dr. couldn't explain or understood why on earth she would have this rash and itchiness. Im concerned because these symptoms have never happened until friday when her gallbladder began to overreact. why the rash and itchiness?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash could be Hives, which develop in response to an allergic reaction, by the release of histamine. The allergen can be medications, food, extremes of temperature, exercise and viral infections to name a few.If there is evidence of infection in the gallbladder this can cause the rash. Also, it could be due to the medications she is taking for her gallbladder problem, she could be allergic to the medications. Therapy lies in resolving the infection and anti-histamines. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.