Gallbladder Community
blockage in bile duct

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

blockage in bile duct

I had my gall bladder removed 14 years ago. Since then I have had 7 ERCP procedures done and one MRCP to remove blockages in my bile duct. I have "episodes" at least once a year, where I am in terrible pain and end up in the hospital. They tell me that I have sluggish bile. My GI doctor last told me that it is my genetic make up and there is really nothing that can be done about it. I am so frustrated and tired of dealing with this. It is incredibly debilitating when the pain starts and I just want someone to fix me! Is there anyone else out there that is experiencing this. I really do feel alone!
Most doctors are programmed, when it comes to a complex issue that needs real investigation to correct for, they fail because most of them are not pioneers in their specialty, they just memorize standard procedures and apply them.

I can help you identify the cause but I need more info about your daily dietary and routine work habits. I need to know the latitude of the area you live, and how much sunshine you get on average every day.
I generally eat healthy. Fruit for breakfast, small lunch (soup or salad or sandwich) And for dinner, mostly chicken vegtable and a starch. I have cut most red meat out of my diet because it seems to flair up attacks and discomforts.
I live in upstate NY and during the winter months, I am not in the sunshine much at all. My office at work has no windows, so during the weekday I am not so lucky to even know if the sun id shining! My job can be stressful at times, but I only work 10 months and have the summers off. Now that I think about it, I don't usually have many problems during the summer. Ocassionally, I am uncomfortable during the summer, but not usually any severe attacks.
I am in the process of changing to a different GI practice in hopes that they explore more options of treatment.

It is obvious from your description that you don't get enough vitamin D at all, that can cause calcium malabsorption and consequently liver and gallbladder disfunction + problems in thyroid hormone regulation + fatigue + heartburn + indigestion.

Take vitamin D supplement 8000IU every day for one month and then keep it low to 2000IU during winter and 600IU during summer every day. You should notice a big difference in less than a week. Always take it in the day time because our body is programmed to take it from the sun, after you take the supplement drink a cup of milk 30 mins after because your body will start demanding calcium.

After the first month, try to take these three together Vitamin D + Vitamin K2 + Calcium, they call them the winning combo, you can search more about them online.
One thing you should know is that all types of windows filter the UVB light responsible for Vitamin D synthesis even in summer. Also, for latitudes more than 37deg north and less than 42deg, the sun don't give enough UVB for vitamin D synthesis from beginning of Nov to late Feb, even with direct exposure jn a sunny day, so, supplements are your only way to get Vitamin D.

If you're over weight or obese it's even worse, since the adipose cells demand vitamin D and take it from your blood stream faster leaving you with much lower levels.
One more thing, people with removed gallbladder will sometimes develop malabsorption to fat soluable vitamins including A D E and K, since bile won't be concentrated enough to digest fat, if you don't notice an improvement in less than a week, you should buy the sublingual vitamin D, you chew it and place it under your tongue and it's absorbed directly to your blood stream, also consider buying a sunshine lamp with UVB rays in its spectrum, put it on your desk at work to get pure vitamin D direct to your blood stream.