Gallbladder Expert Forum
diffuse increased echoes

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

diffuse increased echoes

I went to er with sever pain in my RUQ hard to breath and very bad chest pain. They did blood work they came back good. They had me go  ultrasound i do not have family doc decided to close with out telling me. I can't get test read back to me for 2 1/2 weeks(when i see surgeon) but the hospital gave me a record of what they found out. This is what it says
Finding: the pancreas and surrounding soft tissues are normal. No ascites. The lube is intact with no mass. The echogenicity and contour of liver are normal. Diffuse increased echoes within the gallbladder suggest echogenic bile. No stones the gallbladder walls is not thickened the hepatic duct is normal measuring 3mm the right kidney is normal
Impression echogenic bile in gallbladder no stones our biliary
I don't understand the time delays but the ultrasound is not normal and could represent the cause of your episode. Other sources should be ruled out as gallbladder sludge can be a secondary finding to such things as dehydration, etc. Sludge does not have the same implications as stones but would suggest gallbladder disease.