Gallbladder Community
digestion after gall bladder removal

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

digestion after gall bladder removal

I had my gall bladder removed 6 weeks ago because my gall bladder is not functioning. I'm still have tummy issues such as nausea and  tenderness where the gallbladder was ? I basically don't feel much better then i did before surgery. Is this common ? I know it take awhile for your body to get used to the new process. Any input would be great.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The tenderness could be due to the surgery. There could be some intolerance to fatty food after gallbladder removal and this could cause the nausea. The other causes could be gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and GERD. Sometimes anxiety with flatulence can cause this pain. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper evaluation of pain and therapy

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi. I had my gallbladder removed back in February and I still have some problems from time to time. I also still have some tenderness. My GP told me it could be up to a year. It just varies from person to person. A lot of my friends had the same experience. Don't worry. You're not the only one.