digestive
i had my gallblader removed over twenty five years ago and its been a living hell ever since not knowing what to eat pain in my right side and spread to back i also have i b s and reflux a lot of the time i struggle to work .
Hi.Sorry to know that you have not received any guidance on foods to eat after gall bladder removal. Immediately after surgery it is usually advisable to avoid foods rich in fat as the gallbladder is no longer there to control the release of bile into your intestines .It takes few weeks for our body to adjust to this change and most people usually return to their normal diet within a month after having gallbladder removal. This pain in the right side spreading to the back could be due to acid peptic disease, or any cause related to right upper colon. If there is associated yellowish discoloration of the eyes, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite then definitely liver disease needs to be ruled out. You will need gastric endoscopy, ultrasound abdomen if acid peptic disease is suspected. Avoid gas-forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, legumes, nuts, seeds etc.Seek the opinion of an experienced gastroenterologist. Hope it helps. Good luck.