Gallbladder Expert Forum
elevated t bili

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

elevated t bili

I recently had blood work done through occ health at work.  I had finished antibiotics for a bladder infection a week prior and ended up having the stomach flu later that day.  My blood work came back and my total bilirubin was 1.8 and all of my other lads were normal.  Should I be concerned?
It would be important to obtain a fractionated bili. Bilirubin is present in the blood as either conjugated or unconjugated. If the slight elevation of the total bili is explained by unconjugated (indirect) bili, this is consistent with Gilbert's Syndrome which is harmless. It represents an alteration in how your liver picks up bilirubin from the blood and will result in a slight increase of the total bili from time to time - especially during or following minor infections.