Gallbladder Community
gall bladder removal

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

gall bladder removal

Has anyone out there had a successful gall bladder removal?  I seem to have a sluggish GB, since nothing shows up on all the tests. My gastro guy is pushing for this, but I'm reluctant.  My pain, sometimes severe (every six months or so) is in the upper rt. quadrant of my stomach. Most of the time I have a dull ache.  Advice please.  
Though I have no direct experience, I know people who have removed it and had no complications. In any case, you could take a second opinion from another gastro before deciding on surgery. Many people get pain in that area which may be due to any of the organs like liver,gall bladder,pancreas,right kidney and small/large intestine. It is therefore necessary to accurately diagnose the real problem by an expert doctor using a CT with contrast. Many times it may turn out to be a pinched nerve or strained muscle tissue. In such cases, removal of gall bladder will be an exercise in futility. If you search in this Forum it self, you will get many instances of such cases.
So, my advice to you is to visit a well equipped hospital and get a detailed diagnosis done.

Good luck,

Solace  

Good luck,

Solace  
i have had mine removed , it was a very simple surgery , after surgery i was able to get up and everything was fine , i had no draw backs , now right after surgery 3 days later , i had the same pain , i was even jondas again they forgot or didn't check the bio duc ? so i had to have surgery again this time i was put under a twilight state , ended up waking up to what seemed like a doctor playing a Nintendo game , they had a camera down my throat and the doctor had this joystick to get the others out , but that might happen once in 300 surgeries who knows , thats the one thing i do remember , i dont want you to get scared because my exp. ill tell you the longer you wait the bigger it gets , the bigger it gets , the more that can happen , instead of 5 little cuts being made , if you wait to long it will be 1 big cut , dont wait any longer than you have to , after everything was said and done i had loose to very soft stool for 2 years after , i could eat after that but fast food and going on empty for awhile than i eat , i would have to run to the bathroom , because it was coming out weather i was ready or not , besides that , nothing has changed other than im older now , there is no up side to keeping it and no down side for loosing it , i hope this helps , and good luck