Gallbladder Community
gallbladder and gerd

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

gallbladder and gerd

i have gerd and gallbladder symptoms and my edoscopic and all gall bladder test came back normal and no ulcer. what do you think can be the problem of this pain and discomfort?
What are your symptoms? I am trying to figure out the same- I had an endoscopy that reveled inflamed stomach lining, but a year later and no meds have fixed it, so the doctor wants to look at my gallbladder now. Have you tried any meds, had an ultrasound?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Besides gallbladder disorders the other causes for pain could be renal colic and sometimes bowel infections. It could also be due to diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and parasitic infections. If your endoscopy and ultrasonography do not reveal anything you may have to go for a colonoscopy and urine analysis. In colonoscopy the entire colon can be visualized and studies the inside lining of the intestines. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
i regurgitate after meal with horrible bitter taste, belch and really bad chest and shoulder pain. pain under my right rib cage and discomrfort. it feels like there is ball around my right rib cage waiting to explode. i have pain under there no matter what i eat. i have done all test except for the colonoscopy.no appetite and i lost 37 pounds. back stapping and waist pain.i feel nausea and i hasve been on elavil for the pain. my first GI want me to have gallbladder surgery and said since all my result came back not. and if its not my gallbladder then its the bileduct. please does anyone feel this way?
i take elavil for the pain and sleep
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Has a hiatal hernia been ruled out? This can cause the symptoms mentioned by you. For assessing the bile duct, an MRCP would be preferable to an ERCP in this situation.  This is merely a specialized MRI scan which doesn't require any scopes be inserted or tubes placed up the bile duct. So, discuss this with your doctor. In the meantime you can try lifestyle measures to help with your symptoms. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications NSAIDs, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Hope this helps!!
Thanks,
I dont drink or smoke, and i get tired when i tried to exercise. chest hurt and feel very weak any time i try to work out. i will do just that and try to mention  hiatal hernia and see what he says.