Gallbladder Expert Forum
gallbladder bilary dyskensia or not ?

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

gallbladder bilary dyskensia or not ?

I started having pain in my sternum area around 8 months ago.  I had the pain after I have eaten alot of fried food.  
Since that day the pain has been pretty much constant.  The pain goes away at night but comes back in the day and gets worse throughout the day.  The pain initially started on my left side under my rib, but sometimes under my right rib.  
I had an endoscope, colonoscopy, a ct scan, abdominal ultra sounds, and an MRI of the back. I also had celiac blood workup and hpylori blood test which all were negative.
Then 3 months ago my GI doctor asked me to get a HIDA scan as my symptoms are more relvant for gallbladder issues.  The test took two hours.  The first hour they injected a radio active material and waited an hour then the next hour they injected CCK over that hour.  From the time they injected the CCK all my symptoms came 10 fold.  The pain I felt at that point in time was right under my rib cage and it felt like a knife was being pushed from the front of my abdomen to my back, also by the time they finished the exam I had to run to the washroom which was almost yellow diarrhea.  The result of that I was told was normal at 89% ejection fraction rate.
Now I have just read that the normal range is anywhere between 35-75%.  Is that possible to have a hyper active gall bladder or is that indeed a normal rate though my pain increases tremendously after a heavy meal, and I usually have to end up going to the washroom with diarrhea.
My normal symptoms that have been present from the time this started was a yellow very soft or diarrhea stool.  A
Pain under my right rib cage I feel like something is swollen. Heartburn that doesn't go away even when taking 2 pils of 40 MG Nexium per day. My last ultrasound they did say that my gallbladder is overly distended but my doctor said that its normal when the gallbladder is full. The ultrasound also did say that I have a mild case of fatty liver which the doctor told me that this is normal as well.
Recent studies have shown that reproduction of your typical symptoms with the CCK is a better predictor of symptom resolution following cholecystectomy than ejection fraction. My experience in patients with very high ejection fractions and symptom reproduction has been excellent with over 90% having their symptoms resolve with removal of the gallbladder.
I also forgot to add that I am gassy.  I burp quite often, and it also seems that my heartburn symptoms are there all the time.  I keep on taking tums as I was told to stop the PPI's..
Thank you for your response Dr. Watters.  I am in Canada and it seems that they do not know of this study or trial regarding the CCK and high ejection fraction rate and therfore are not recommending for me to get a surgery.
If possible can I get your office information for me to book an appointment to have the surgery completed ?
http://www.dukehealth.org/physicians/christopher_roy_watters