Gallbladder Community
gallbladder ejection fraction 38%
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

gallbladder ejection fraction 38%

EF of 38 on hida scan. I hav had nausea, gas, severe constipation, belly is sore to the touch, bloating, feeling full/can't eat, feeling lik my food won't digest in a timely manner, and chest tightness/pain.  Dr says gb is functioning abnormally but wants to do tests to see why I am so constipated all the time since this is very abnormal for me.  Any thoughts???
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am having the same exact problem! My doc didn't seem to think anything of the constipation issue, it seems like it is a normal side effect of a malfunctioning gallbladder.....are they going to take out you gb?
Blank
Not as of yet. He wwants to do a breath test, a colonoscopy and another test where I swallow a pill and 5 days later get xrays. He wwants to be sure there isn't another problem here. He said if he can get me going everyday he would hold off on the gb for now.
Blank
1094370_tn?1317138425
Purpleflower:

I had the same issues except no belly pain but the bloating/fullness/food not digesting, etc....yes I had all those.  They went away after I had my GB removed.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If gallbladder ejection fraction is below 35% is considered to be gallbladder dyskinesia. Constipations can be due to life style causes like lack of adequate fiber in diet or due to inadequate drinking of fluids. Diabetes Mellitus and Hypothyroidism could cause the symptoms described by you. A simple blood test could help detect diabetes and hypothyroidism. Consult your primary care physician for these tests.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank