Gallbladder Community
gallstones

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

gallstones

i have had over the last 3 yrs  pain off and on for gallstones  i have a 12 ml stone stuck in the neck of gall bladder   over the last 6 months the pain has been  almost unbearable   my symptoms... dull  ache on and off in shoulder blades..really annoying  feeling like a stich under my rib cage on the right  that just wont go away  radiates to the side and through to  my back  i am always full of wind  my stomach is bloated no matter how many sit ups i do  i am a size 12 so im not a big girl  although i have  fatty liver   i have 5 children and i can honestly say id rather child birth than this  pain i have had to call  an ambulance  and spent a night in hosp on drip from to many pain killers  please be carefull  i didnt know that  panadol can be leathal if to many are taken over short period of time   i took 3 tablets every hour  instead of 2 every 3-4 hours  becuse i just could not deal with the pain only morphine in hospital took the pain way   fortunate for me i have not damaged my liver and  i am booked in for the operation in less that 4 weeks  however  since  being told  i need the operation by my surgeon  i have had no pain ... mmmm seems my gall bladder trying to stay put lol  hope this operation helps   ps my hot water bottle was my best friend   kind of helped  relieve the pain   ....
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Since the stone is lodged at the neck of the gall bladder, this could lead to repeated episodes of obstruction and inflammation leading to cholecystitis, causing pain nausea and vomiting. This is an indication for surgical therapy, cholecystectomy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.