Gallbladder Expert Forum
having gallbladder removed please help

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

having gallbladder removed please help

Hi I have had gallstones simce feb 2012 but was pregnant so couldnt have anything done. Had my c sec august then in sept saw my consultant with keyhole surgery to remove gallbladder around may june 2013. In nov 2012 I wemt to aand e by ambulance after beimg in pain for 6 days a stone went to my pancreas giving me acuute pancreatitis 5 days on iv sent home and told id have surgery asap. Now 11 weeks later still waiting phone everyday and still waiting for a spot for my surgery. Has anyone got any info or advice for after my surgery im very worried and also suffer with depression and reading some stories on here is making me quite ill and needing to be back on my anti depressants after 3 years without them
I can't believe the delays that you have seen. Discharging a patient after a bout of gallstone pancreatitis without removing the gallbladder first is certainly not standard. I assume that you are under some socialized system of medicine. I would heve planned to have it out within a week of being seen in September. The delay allowed for a serious complication. Pancreatitis is, perhaps, the most lethal complication of gallbladder disease. And as for being symptomatic during pregnancy, there is a large volume of data documenting the safety of gallbladder surgery during pregnancy. Gallbladder and appendix procedures are the most common general surgery procedures done during pregnancy.
I'm on no medication except painkillers for the gallstones attacks I feel sick sometimes but never actually sick is this normal?
It allfis with gllbladder disease.