Gallbladder Community
help please!

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

help please!

-During last 10 years, from time to time I had bowel rumbling. To reduce that I was going to toilet
straining myself to remove gas.
-In the last two years, I had, in addition, feeling tired, bloating problems.
-6 months ago, one day in the morning I had a sharp pain in the right quadrant and then was diagnosed
with liver inflammation from ultrasound. The liver enzymes were high. After following a high-fiber diet
and loosing weight, the liver inflammation become normal and enzymes came to normal range.
However, the pain turned into a dull pain and recently I have excessive gas, bloating problems
and sometimes mucous in the stool. In February, I had a CT scan which showed normal gallbladder, pancreas, etc.

What is the recent cause of dull pain+gas+bloating problems in the right quadrant?
No blood in the stool, no fever and no appetite loose. I had excessive gas and bloating problems
after liver inflammation.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If you have been investigated to rule out disorders of the colon, the bloating can happen with consumption of excess sugars, indigestion and aerophagia. Try to limit voluntarily swallowing excessive air. Check to see if any specific food is aggravating the bloating and try to avoid the same. In general try to avoid cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. Certain medications and food additives too can cause bloating. Check on these. Also, try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophilus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion.

To expel intestinal gas, try taking a brisk walk or getting some other form of exercise. Frequent exercise can help keep the intestines working more efficiently and aid with digestion. Also, OTC medications such as simethicone may help with flatulence.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.