Gallbladder Expert Forum
hepatic gallbladder

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

hepatic gallbladder

I just had a Dr tell me most likely I was born without a gallbladder because of a malroation of the gut.  But I have ct results were they refer to my gallbladder as hepatic. I'm having pain were a gallbladder should be.  I'm confused I see a GI Dr this week but curious what a hepatic gallbladder means.  
I'm not sure why he would say that you "most likely" don't have a gallbladder because of a malrotation. It sounds like what you are talking about is an intra-hepatic gallbladder. Usually the gallbladder is attached to the undersurface of the liver by peritoneum. Rarely, the entire gallbladder is located within the liver. Removal requires that one go through some liver tissue to get to it.
He says this after my gallbladder not showing up on an ultra sound or a mrcp within the last 2 weeks.  The ct that refers to my gallbladder as being hepatic was in 2005 or 2007. My records are at work and I just found this website.