how long do attacks last?
I am newly ( just yesterday after many, many years of complaining ) diagnosed with gallbladder problems.
I thank the Lord that this particular doctor was on the ball and ordered testing.

Anyway...I'm assuming that the most severe pain that I have ever had in my life  ( between my shoulder blades ) was the worst of it, and that was the "attack"?   I have been having my "typical" every day pains before and after that severe pain. Is that what they call an attack too? Or just that really severe pain between the shoulders?
I'm asking because I've found several things on line that claim to help...but they tell you not to use some of them while you are having an attack.  And if those "minor" things are all part of one attack, then how long and how often are they supposed to last for? The doctor didn't have time to go through things with me, and because it's a walk in clinic, I doubt I'll ever see her again.

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.
Hi there, what was the diagnosis made? The gallbladder is situated in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen, below the ribs. Gallbladder pain may be caused by cholecystitis or gallstones. The most common symptom of gallstone disease is biliary colic, which is caused when a gallstone temporarily blocks one of the bile ducts. Biliary colic is a sudden, intense pain that usually lasts for hours. The pain can be felt in the middle or the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. And sometimes it may radiate to the back. The pain is constant and dull and is triggered by eating fatty foods. Biliary colic usually happens infrequently. Other symptoms of gallbladder disease include nausea, vomiting and jaundice. Regards.