Aa
A
A
Close
im sick of pain with no answers
Does anyone know about what i have going on had 5 surgeries,gallbladder,bile duct repaired,ventral hernia,gastric,appendix,now i have pain from stones in bile duct was in hospital got antibiotics surgery doctor said was risky would be conventional not lapascopic.What am I to do?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You need to have the old school surgery. Probably giving u antibiotics so your infection will calm down b4 the surgeon can operate on you.  When your duct is blocked the bile cannot enter the small intestines from the gallbladder to emulsify the fatty foods consumed, bacteria can start growing leading to infection. If your gallbladder ruptures it will lead to peritonitis which  is a medical emergency that only a surgical intervention with a lengthy hospital stay will fix.  U feel SO much better after having surgery , i know u do. fell Let us know how it goes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
2827584_tn?1340583296
If I understand your brief post correctly, you had a bile duct injury during the gallbladder surgery that was repaired. This generally means a roux-en-y hepaticojejunostomy. If there are stones in the proximal bile duct, one possibility is a catheter through the liver into the bile duct and administration of methyl tertbutyl ether to dissolve them. Evaluation by a dedicated hepatobiliary surgeon would be in order.
Comment
Cancel
2827584_tn?1340583296
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
im sick of pain with no answers
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank