Gallbladder Community
loss of appetite after gallbladder removal

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

i am 3 days post op of gallbladder removal, since then i have no appetite at all.....first day i was nausous, im not taking any pain pills, cause im not in that much pain, just a little when im standing up....

i know i need to eat, and i get hungry but when i start eating i get so blahhhhhh
I didnt eat for 8 days after my surgery... make sure you are drinking lots or you will end up dehydrated like i did and back in emerge... you will eat when ready, in the meantime drink lots of water, and gatorade.
Hi ... Glad your procedure is over.  The anesthesia + pain meds can do a # on you.  Are you ok in the other dept ... or backed up?  That may be part of it.

C~
no not backed up...and starting to eat little by little
I had my gallbladder removed March 30, 2011. Since then, I cannot tolerate alcohol anymore. It has become a trigger for my panic/anxiety attacks. Also, I have experienced the feeling of food getting stuck just at the lower part of my esophagus. It causes tightness in my chest and in turn triggers my anxiety. I have trouble burping. If I am unable to do so, I end up vomitting. Nausea has also become a regular visitor which is yet another trigger for my anxiety. MSG is another trigger. I am having trouble knowing if foof has MSG in it since it can and does go by so many other names. I'm glad I had my surgery, but eating is not fun anymore...and yes. Eating can ttrigger my anxiety, too because I never know how each meal is going to affect me. Can anyone relate to this???
My mother (76) had her gallbladder removed over three weeks ago now. She is also diabetic. Since then she has hardly eaten - says the though of food makes her feel sick. She had lost well over 17lbs.
Big problem with being diabetic. The first night out of hospital she would nto eat, just wanted to sleep. In the morning she was in a serious hypo and the ambulance crew were called and worked on her for around 3 hours. Blood sugar levels are difficult to maintain as she just does not want to eat. Wish she had never had this done - she went in to hopital being full of life and self sufficient and she has come out being a geriatric and totally dependant on us and not interested in anything. She is not yet well enough to return to her own home. Anyone else had similar issues?