Gallbladder Expert Forum
multiple hyperechoic foci and liver cyst

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

i have been having right sided pain for 3 weeks. also not able to eat much without getting sick. the pain gets very bad in the evenings, where i need something for the pain. i had an ultrasound done. results were,
6mm left hepatic cyst
there are multiple non-mobile hyperechoic foci along the gallbladder wall which do not shadow.
i go to see my regular doctor on monday but i have also have had pain on the left for 2 years, which they were never able to find the reason for the pain. i also have a cyst on my right ovary. i'm very upset, i just want to know whats going on without going through the colonoscopy , endescopy, radioactive goo ran through me, just to tell me there is nothing wrong. i feel like i'm losing my mind. i'm losing sleep from the pain, i'm under a great deal of stress at home and have a family of five that depend on me.
please help
i'm a hard working mom, i work 14 hour days and then take care of my family,
please help
Tags: gallbladder foci, multiple gallbladder foci, liver cysts, right upper back pain
The short version is that you found your problem. Time to get your gallbladder out. The hyperechoic blobs are adherent stones although they will probably label them as polyps because they don't meet all the radiologic criteria to call them stones (statistically, 93% of these are gallstones). The liver cyst is a nothing.
I would love to have my gallbladder taken out but i can't find a doctor who will agree. I'm very frustrated and have seen 6 doctors for the left sided pain but now its on the right also.
Raleigh isn't a bad place to visit!
Lol, little far for me and hard to take time off. Thank u very much for making me feel not so crazy.
One of the things that drew me to general surgery initially was that we get to manage a rather broad spectrum of clinical problems. In my 21 years of practice I have come to believe that gallbladder disease is mismanaged in more patients that any other problem. One would think that since it is so common and that the equivalent of practice guidelines have been in place since 1992 we would all be working out of the same book. I continue to be amazed at all the frustrated patients that have to aggressively push their primary providers or ER docs to get a diagnosis or an appropriate referral. The bottom line is that patients with symptomatic gallstone disease have their gallbladders removed because they are more likely to live out their full life expectancy than if they don't have the surgery. I simply don't understand why this is so difficult for the non surgeon physicians to understand but enough of my soapbox rant.
Thank u for the help. I've been sick all weekend long. I see my family doctor today. I'm praying for help. Again thank u.
Hope it goes well.