Gallbladder Community
nausea after gallbladder surgery

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

nausea after gallbladder surgery

I am eight days past laproscopic gallbladder surgery----I am recovering from the surgery but I still get some nausea and diahrrea once a day---yesterday I almost felt normal, but today, the nausea is there---almost feels like reflux----before my surgery I had CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, HIDA scan and endoscope---all normal except HIDA and endoscope showed slight inflammation (of course I hadn't eaten in over two weeks because of severe nausea----all bllod work for pancreas and liver has been good---has anyone else experienced this nausea? I see my surgeon tomorrow and want to know if anything worked for some of you with the same issue so I can ask him to prescribe something similar---thanks---
Hi -- How did you make out at your appt?  Could you be having reflux at all from pain meds ?? Just a thought.  Please let us know how things are going.

C~
The doctor just said to give it more time---I actually never took pain meds----got them filled but took advil---the pain wasn't bad---the only horrible symptom for me is nausea---the doctor told me to take prilosec and gavicon or maalox ---I know the prilosec hasn't had time to work but the maalox must have helped a bit because yesterday was virtually a nausea-free day(day 10 after surgery) and I was most grateful---this whole thing has changed my priorities---our health is so important and we usually take it for granted until we get sick---thanks for writing--it helps to hear from others who are going through similar situations---
Yay!!  Glad you are feeling better...took me until day 10 as well.  Just a warnign for you the pain meds will cause nausea, constipation, and sometimes vomiting.  I had to stop my pain meds after 24 hrs on my surgeons instructions.  So if you arent really in pain stick with tylenol (is what my surgeon told me to take over advil as its harder on your system)
I never took pain pills----just advil but the nausea has been gone two days now----still have diahrrea once a day----so sick of nausea----also have left shoulder blade pain but have had that six years---only thing they found six years ago was 3 herniated disks---oh well---still feel some fear that it will never get better---so thanks for the support and kindness---
I had just wrote this long letter on how I got my gallbladder out and could not drink and lived with constant nausea after my gallbladder was removed. I was great right after but about 8 months later it came on with a vengence. The stupid sign in that I tried to use my facebook said there was a problem and wiped it all out. Anyway I read how nausea works and did some homework and found china has used Natural Ginger Root for thousands of years. It blocks the seratonin to the stomach that has 80% of the receptors in it. The seratonin levels is what tell your stomach if you ate bad food or when your sick to throw up or to squeeze it in a way it comes out the other way. It's the brain that makes you sick not the stomach but because the nerves are connected you feel it in the gut. Long story short. I take 2 pills a day 500mg and I am no longer nauseas at all. To test it I would get deathly ill after having just one glass of wine or a cocktail. I took one pill in the morning one when I got home from work and just before I had a cocktail I took another one. I actually tasted so good I had 3 cocktails knowing I was going to suffer dearly for this. I would be deathly nausiated for 3 days but I woke up and felt great. I didn't even have a headache. I worked around the yard all day took my 1000mg (500mg capsules) and I said lets really check this to see if a placebo effect or really works. I got trashed lol, I felt great had friends over bbq'd. I went to bed knowing Oh am I going to be sorry for this! Well once again I did not have any nausea at all and no hangover. I don't know if it helps the headache but I now know I don't need no stupid antidepressent  that they say does the same thing. I would love to know if it works for you. contact me at ***@****,I would love to know if this simple remedy works for you.
read my article. I am not a doctor or salesman just a person who had my gallbladder out to. I never got sick or had diareha so I thought my gallbladder was so bad for so long my body just got use to being without it. I was wrong. Its been 8 months and I started getting horrible horrible nausea. I could not even go out to dinner and have a cocktail with friends. try Ginger Root, it has done miricles for me. Blocks the seratonin that goes to the stomach receptors that cause nasuea. China has used it for thousand's of years and I swear to you it works for me. I tested it by drinking many drinks and next morning no nausea at all. that's why they always said drink Gingerale to help the stomach. Problem is there is not much ginger in there at all. Hope this helps