Gallbladder Community
need answers on URQ pain

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

need answers on URQ pain

i have been having URQ pain for a little over a year.  I have done ultrasound  and ct of abdomen.  all normal.  Just had a hida scan.  My gallbladder did not even show up for 3 hours, and when it did it was very light and small.  nuclear med tech repeatedly told me it was not normal,  the ejection refraction was 45%.  my doctor wants to do a colonoscopy, but i know it is my gallbladder.  If i do the colonscopy and its normal, what can be done next,  I am at the end of my rope with the pain and nausea.  I am in recovery so i do not take any kind of narcotics for the pain.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As the ejection fraction was good though there was delayed emptying, a HIDA scan w/ CCK may be helpful in determining if your symptoms are due to gallbladder disease. As CCK helps to contract the gall bladder, it can help to assess the gall bladder functioning. And if this test replicates your symptoms, then your symptoms could be due to gallbladder disease. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.