Gallbladder Expert Forum
pain in gallbladder area but is not gallstones

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

I have some mild pain in the gallbladder area for nearly 2 1/2 weeks now with pain in the upper back as well. The pain seems to pinpoint just beneth my bottom center-right breast bone .  I went to the ER recently thinking I may gallstones. The ultrasound cameback negative for anything.

My only medical condition is acid reflux diesase and sometimes the pain is a burning type of pain. I currently see a GI specialist for this. My upper endoscopy was negative when i had the procedure less then 2 years ago. I also recently just been back on my PPI medication for a week now after trying to get myself off.  

Pior to the pain, I did excerise a lot, cardio and weight training for at least 30 minutes or more daily. Most of the day, I work in a cubicle and usually do not sit properly.

How can I find out if my pain relates to a infection of the gallbladder or some muscle injury type? I have a scheduled appoint with my doctor in 1 week.

Thank You

In the scenario that you present a gallbladder source is not likely. A HIDA could be repeated but, if I understand you, the pain came on after trying to come off acid suppression with a long history of reflux. This would be the more likely source.
Also forgot. I had a hida scan done just over 1 year go and it was found to work properly.
Thank you for your answer. Yesterday I began to have upper middle adominal (abdominal) pain. I woke up from my sleep this morning with some pain and not feeling well. The feel the pain radiate in different parts of my stomach from my upper middle, lower right side to my left side.

I have co-workers that have came down with the flu recently but I don't know exactly if this is the flu causing this or related to the pain i recently been having.

Time to get your GI doc's opinion.