Gallbladder Expert Forum
pain in upper chest

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

pain in upper chest

I had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago and had several attacks before I had to go in the emergency room to have it removed. Recently I have hurt my back and pulled some muscles in the lower back and took some pain medications like Advil and Tylenol with codeine and Robaxisol. The pain endures. This is not the issues, hoewever. When I took those medications, I felt like I was having the same exact pain in the upper pain in the diaphram like when I had gallstones, but I dont have my gall bladder any longer, what could this be?????
Hard to answer on the data stated. This could be biliary in origin but esophageal spasm could also produce pain where you are stating. This could be aggravated by the NSAID's. You did not state why your gallbladder was removed - stone disease vs. dyskinesia. A retained or new stone in the common bile duct or sphincter of Oddi dysfunction could potentially explain your symptoms.  It sounds like a good GI evaluation is in order.
Yes, it may be stones in your bile duct or a myriad of other issues.  My daughter has suffered a lot since having her gallbladder removed in 2009.  I would ask your FP doctor for  a referral to a gastroenterologist.