Gallbladder Community
pressure near shoulder blades...but no gallbladder

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I want to ask you a question on the behalf of my mom.

Here's her story:

„I have a strange pressure near my shoulder blades.

In July, I had my gall bladder removed. Also, at that time, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure One day my doctor prescribed me Tolura, which, according to the leaflet, shouldn't be taken by those with liver problems as the medicine is eliminated with the bile. I was a little bit afraid to take it, so I told about my concerns to the doctor, but he brushed my worries off. I think it was then when my problems started. After I'd took tolura, I got pressure under right shoulder blade. I told it to the doctor, who gave me other medicine for blood pressure, other medicine for my liver (Heparegen, which I've been taking since then and I'm still taking) and ordered an ultrasound, which showed nothing. I was pressure-free for some time. Unfortunately, since mid-October till now, I've been feeling pressure again. This time pressure is in both blades. It travelled upwards, so to speak. When  I get up in the morning there is no much pressure there, but as I walk around for awhile it sets it and remains pretty constant, which worries me much. My doctor says nothing when I ask him about this, so I get even more confused and scared.
Also, in November I got yet another medicine for high blood pressure, which is Axudan HCT. Is it possible that Axudan HCT causes some harm to my liver, thus the pressure in blades?

Moreover, this year I've lost weight, I am down from 155 ibs to merely 130 kilos (I am 63 years old, 5 ft 4 inch tall). I'm putting it to my fat-free diet that I still have to stick to. Also from time to time I'm getting bloated in the right side of my abdomen, especially when I eat some type of foods such as bananas, milk or rice. I'm even afraid to eat apples. And I've noticed that my skin is kind of itchy especially on my lower back and in the groin area. But I guess it is nothing to be concerned about.

So, to sum up, does the feeling of pressure in my shoulder blades, especially the right one, indicate that something serious is going on in my body? What could cause it? May these symptoms be 'just' the result of living without gallbladder? Or the result of one of the medicines I'm taking? {Currently I'm takig heparegen and Axudan HCT) I have a fear of cancer, I must admit.

Should I undertake another test to ensure that I'm on the safe side? Another ultrasound, blood test? Please help me, I'm scared.”

So, what do you think about it? I'm worried about her too.
Tags: Liver, Gallbladder removal, pressure under right blade, bloating gassy, belching
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, if you are worried that the medications are causing liver damage and consequent symptoms, you can ask her to have liver function tests done. If the symptoms are due to a liver disorder it will be reflected here. Postoperative fibrosis can cause some amount of discomfort and this will settle with time. So, wait and watch and discuss this with your doctor. Regards.