Gallbladder Expert Forum
should i remove my gallbladder?

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

should i remove my gallbladder?

Please help me.. :(
i have gallstones and i tried those apples and epsom salt but it doesnt work. Thats why this april, my surgeon scheduled me to remove my gallbladder.. after reading all your comments i am now very afraid to remove them. I dont want to have the same pain when my gallbladder is removed. What should i do?
Please help..
If you have read my comments you have seen my cposts on the insanity of the home remedy that you attempted. You have also seen that the rationale for the procedure is not just to get rid of the symptoms but because your risk of an early death is less with the surgery than without. If you are symptomatic and don't have severe life threatening co-morbidities you should have the surgery.
Very nice suggestion.. thank you so much.. i will go to my surgeon tomorow to schedule my operation. Thank you so much. :)
Last question, what are the dos and donts after my gallbladder is removed?
After a couple of weeks for recovery, there really aren't any specific do's and don'ts. Activity and diet are pretty much as tolerated post op but it takes a week or two for the stomach to empty normally so some foods might sit a little heavy. Expect some bloating until your intestine picks back up to normal.