Gallbladder Expert Forum
small 1 gall bladder folyp removal

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

small 1 gall bladder folyp removal

is it required to remove the gal folyp they found in me with a size small like mole as ultra sounds appeared pls! advise me?
It depends on why the ultrasound was done. If you are having gallbladder symptoms then an abnormal gallbladder has been found and should be acted on. If it was stumbled upon while looking for something else, probably not. The vast majority of what are called polyps on ultrasound are actually small gallstones that are adherent to the wall of the gallbladder, 93% in one study. It has been observed, however, that polyps greater than 10-12 mm in diameter relate to a rapidly rising risk for gallbladder cancer. If small polyps are found in an asymptomatic patient, they are usually followed with an annual ultrasound to make sure they don't grow to the size indicating surgery.