Gastric Cancer Community
Chronic mouth and throat problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to gastric cancer.

Chronic mouth and throat problems

Chronic dry mouth and throat. Now having some issues with phelgm.  Often loose my voice. Numerous tests and biopsies by ENT and Gastro docs.  No answers and I just get worse.
Any idea if this could be stomach related or any tests that can be done outside the regular ones, which are usually within normal?
I am now taking Oneprazole, no improvement but it does help the nausea a bit. I take maybe 1/2 of a .05 mg of Alprazolam a day, B-12' Vit D for Osteo, fish oil.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, auto-immune conditions, growths/ masses etc. This does not sound like a GI related condition. It would be best to have this evaluated by an ENT  specialist or a pulmonologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for your response. I have seen numerous ENT doctors who have no answers other than to treat me for GERD,  with no imorovement.
I have an infected left, upper tooth I had a root canal done on last Thursday. Odd thing was, I had very little discomfort or phlegm the following day, Friday. Saturday, upset stomach all day. I take Omeprazole, prescribed by my GI dic.  I was put on Clindomycin every 6 hrs. Called the endontist and he wants me to try and stay on this med.  now, am back to thick phelgm problem plus the post root canal pain.
Yes, I think it is an ENT issue and I have told them from the beginning something is not right up on the "left" side from behind my nasal cavity.  
I am completely miserable and disheartened over this and it affects my quality of life.  Just cannot get anyone to listen.  There must be some test that hasn't been done. They tell me CT and MRI's aren't showing anything.
I had to get up at 5:30 AM to take a pill and know my stomach will be upset soon.  Been up half the night with this sore tooth and hacking.
Back to bed.
Thank you for your time