Gastric Cancer Community
MRCP results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to gastric cancer.

MRCP results

I was wondering if anyone has had MRCP results similar to mine. A little history, I have had upper right quadrant burning and pain for the last three years. No one has been able to diagnose the problem as of yet and I really believe since there has been nothing found that they believe it is just in my head, anyway, I finally talked another doctor into investigating the reason for the pain and he agreed to have me get an MRCP done........here are the results:

Summary:

1) The extrahepatic bile duct measures 9mm which may indicate post cholecystectomy benign ectasia.
2) An area of biliary stricture is seen at the porta hepatis involving the common bile duct bifurcation. This appears to produce dilation of the intrahepatic radicles, greater in the left lobe. This may represent a benign or malignant structure.

Could this be a stone stuck in my biliary tract that has caused a stricture or would a stone have been specifically noted on the MRCP report.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.